View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #740
Radii
Head Coach

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw

-- We're down to 16 teams left in the tournament. We're the first team drawn... there's a few Championship teams still left.. there's also the #2 team in the EPL, Aston Villa. That's who we're going to be playing in the next round.

New Signing

I thought I was done here with only $400k left in transfer money, but we did have one more goal that came up awhile ago. I search for South Korean players, I don't really care about talent here, but Kang Soo-Jin is still having troubles settling in in England. I find a kid who came up through the Tottenham youth system and was cast off and looking for a new home. Welcome 18 y/o DC/MC Park Sang-Ho to Ipswich. He "has the potential to be a decent player". But mostly he's spent a good number of years in England and we really hope he'll buddy up with Kang Soo-Jin and make him happier.

Physical: 13 pace, 13 accel, 15 stamina, 13 agility
Mental: 19 teamwork, 14 work rate, 10 determination, 7 anticipation, a number of 6-10 ratings, composure of 6.
Technical: 12 marking, 10 tackling, 9 heading, 8 technique, 13 dribbling

I'll play him some to try to keep him happy as well.

We've got one more match then we hit February. I'm going to start speeding up the matches and may speed up the reporting as a result.

-- One other personnel note. Between league and cup matches, Adriano has played 16 matches for us. He's only signed through the end of this year and won't be coming back. There's a clause in the transfer deal I made for him that will have me giving Liverpool $400,000 if he plays 20 matches. So if we have another busy stretch come up I may start him and play him 90 minutes up to 3 more times. But if he doesn't start I'm not making him available as a backup.

January 29th, 2019

Man Utd(11-7-6, 7th) @ Ipswich(2-3-19, 19th)

Man U are 1:3 favorites today. They are fighting hard for their place in Europe sitting in 7th currently. We're 7:1 to win here. We're on TV today.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/Brown/Henrique/Berthet
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mariga/Gordon
AMC: Kang
ST: Constantino

Henrique is back in. Hughes starts at ML. Wayne Rooney starts for Man U today, he's getting up there in years and playing a little less, he still has 5 goals and 6 assists in 17 league matches.

7': An easy goal, a pass from MC Fletcher in to ST Belfodil, right in between our two DC's and he buries it by Mason. 0-1

15': Gordon with a yellow.

22': Rooney with a yellow.

26': A quick attack for Ipswich, Donnelly with a ball to Mariga in the area and he's behind the defense... their keeper rushes out and cuts off the angle, Mariga tries to put it by the keeper but he deflects it wide.. We have a corner, they clear but we control and build back up on offense. Mariga to Kang, Kang passes to Constantino who is cutting in front of his man... he conrols the ball well, shoots as the keeper is rushing out and he's got it by the keeper and into the net!! 1-1

41': Well we got to be tied with them for about 15 minutes. Rooney with a pass to Belfodil, he's got it 40 yards out and just outruns Troy Brown and gets a shot by Mason and in. 1-2

HALF: We're playing well today, we generated two clear cut chances but sadly only converted one. 7 shots, 3 on target, they have 9 shots, 4 on target. Things are pretty even outside of of course the headers where we aren't winning enough of them in general.

53': Theo Walcott receives a pass about 20 yards out, runs into the area, completely burns Troy Brown and then easily scores. 1-3

58': We win a fight for th e ball in the midfield, Donnelly with a quick pass forward to Constantino, Kang is streaking up the middle and their defense isn't set, Constantino hits Kang, and for once Kang finds the power I expected out of his shots... he catches the keeper trying desperately to run out but no chance, Kang puts it on target and into the back of the net! 2-3

74': We damn near tie this thing up, Constantino with a shot from the left side of the area, just into the side netting, good effort.

81': Fryers in for Brown, Guarin in for Hughes, Yebda in for Donnelly.

That'll do it sadly.

Ipswich 2 : 3 Man Utd

We really played well today. Troy Brown once again takes a hit with a 6.3 rating. Donnelly has been off his game lately, he puts up a 6.0 and is the only guy on the team struggling with morale right now

Goals: Constantino (8.9), Kang (8.6)
Assists: Constantino, Kang
Notables: Kirkland (7.0), Mariga (7.0)

Its amazing it hasn't happened before now, but Watford finally gets a win, their first of the season, over Huddersfield. That win plus a lot more ties than us puts them into 19th and we fall back into last place in the league.
Radii is online now   Reply With Quote