View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #812
Radii
Head Coach

-- Super low league Hastings Utd upsets Grimsby in the FA Cup and we're going to be playing them in early january.

December 14th, 2019

Ipswich(13-5-3, 1st) @ Charlton(5-4-12, 21st)

Another lower ranked team at home. We're 4:5 favorites here even on the road, they're 3:1 to get a win. We have totally owned Charlton in our history, 10-0-2 lifetime.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/McKerr/Burke/Henrique/Berthet
M: Guarin/Mills/Gordon
ST: Khan/Constantino

Another lineup change today to try to account for our injury problems and short rest. Loaner DC Vinny Burke is in to make it a 5 man defensive line. Gordon back to MR and its a 5-3-2 wide formation which again seems kinda weird! But we have Constantino so we're ok. Standard mindset on the road.

25': Each team has two shots so far, a very slow game with little action.

36': A highlight opens with us heading the ball around in our end trying to clear.. they end up getting it out wide to the right, a pass in to one of their midfielders, he blasts a shot from 18 yards and Mason can't stop it, a really nice goal for them. 0-1

HALF: A real yawner but they've got the best of it so far. They end up with 7 shots but 5 are from long range and most aren't seen in highlights. We have 4 shots, just 1 on target. They have 55% of the possession, which is down from earlier in the half. We haven't really generated anything promising at all here yet.

55': We build up nicely down the left, a pass goes in to Khan, he sends it ahead ot Constantino, he controls it really well but he's too close to the keeper, his shot is saved and we get a corner. They clear that easily.

61': Jackson in for Henrique. Gordon up to AMC, Jackson MR, back to the formation we used last match that generated a lot more offense than this.

83': We've been attacking more but ending up having passes intercepted or long shots go wide. They're defending us well here.

92': We get forward and Gordon blasts a shot from about 20 yards out.. off the crossbar, so close!

93': More buildup, we're desparately trying to get a tie at this point, we eventually find Constantino but he has to shoot a tough shot from 20 yards away and its easily saved.

We just can't pull this one out.

Charlton 1 : 0 Ipswich

A disappointing loss, no one was terrible but no one made anything happen either. Their keeper ends up man of the match for holding off our late charge.

Bristol City with a draw today, they get 1 point up on us.

-- My first legit chance to make a big jump in stature in england, Aston Villa fires their coach and I'm named as a likely successor. But as I had said in an earlier post about my dynasty goals I want to take Ipswich ot that level, or at least as close as possible. I release a statement saying i'm not interested.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote