View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 AM   #1069
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: TE Lincoln Woodard - I’ve had just one 1000+ yard receiving season from a TE in the last 50 years. This warrants a team award. Lincoln has three All Pros in his first three years. Worth the 1/5 pick? I’d say so…

Defensive Player of the Year: S Dean Dawkins - Super Bowl MVP and another All Pro. Dean is aging and yet he isn’t any slower on the field than anyone else is. Dawkins gets everything done. This may be his last year in the league, and going out on a big note is a key of the best players.

Special Teams Player of the Year: P Bennie Blades - A down year for returners, and Maloney misses to Super Bowl Fgs in very makeable range, so Blades continuing dominance of the punts gives him this award again. Even if its by default, he does deserve it. Thanks Bennie!

Rookie of the Year: RB Corwin Stokes - With a great ypc and a strong showing, Stokes has allowed the fans to forget about a certain someone named Tasker who could be found here in this spot last year. It’s a bit obvious award for the lad, I know, but it works and it makes sense. Good job Stokes!

Heart Award: WR Billy Fields - A backup WR with as many catches and TDs as the All Pro WR three out of the last four years, that’s crazy. My 3rd WR just don’t do as well as Fields has done. His year was quite incredible and we all owe him a debt of gratitude.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote