View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #913
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's the annual return of the injury curse that worries me at the moment.

Is there anything that influences those that you can control differently? Any red flags about stamina/condition, I dunno, something that might have been overlooked in seasons past.

I believe last season's incredible injury woes were an aberration that I caused myself. I mentioned at the start of last season that I put a *lot* of work into completely overhauling my coaching staff and focusing on better training and thus hopefully better player development. What I glossed over a bit is that I downloaded a new, more complex set of training schedules last season, and the workload in almost all of them was *much* higher than what I was doing. Once I started running into the massive injury issues last year I went in and lowered the overall workload in all of those training schedules.

I think an accurate analogy is that I was putting my guys through two a days well into the regular season and they just started breaking down midway through the season.

I'm hoping that I fixed all of that last season, though I suppose we won't know for sure for another 4-8 weeks in game as late December/January was when it really got bad.

My biggest worry would involve having something happening to Capitani or Constantino. I think any other individual loss could be withstood just fine. There are combinations of injuries that would really hurt, any two of Mills/Donnelly/Gordon getting hurt would severely weaken our playmaking abilities, etc.

I'm sure we'll have to deal with the same issues that every squad faces, and I wouldn't be surprised to see 3-4 players consistently unavailable during the second half, but last year at one point I think we had 8 players hurt long term, I think that's avoidable.

Last edited by Radii : 09-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote