View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #928
Radii
Head Coach

Loan Out

-- GK Carlos Antonio is going to spend the rest of the season in France with Olympique Lyonnais. With this we receive $1.3M and they're going to be paying his salary for the rest of the year.

-- The New York Red Bulls offer Negredo a contract for next year. I'd like to keep him around and try to offer him a deal, but we'll see how that works out. I can't quite offer him the salary he wants so I offer him a bigger signing bonus.

Future Transfer Out

-- Ah well, nothing I could do there. Alvaro Negredo is going to play next year for the New York Red Bulls. He'll be 36, its not a huge loss, but I did kinda want to keep him on as a cheap backup for one more season. This changes nothing for the rest of this year.

January 16th, 2021

Sheffield Utd(8-5-10, 11th) @ Ipswich(10-7-6, 6th)

We're 5:4 favorites at home over Sheffield Utd. We tied them 2:2 at their place earlier in the year and have a 2-2-10 lifetime record that we're trying to improve upon.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Henrique/Jackson
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mills/Gordon
F: Negredo/Constantino

With Khan injured, Negredo starts up front. Jack Hughes starts at ML today.

24': They have a throwin in our end, they work the ball into the area a couple times but we defend well and block a coupel shots, but can't win possession, finally a through ball goes in to their star striker Vanelli, he's got a clear cut chance from 15 yards away... but Capitani makes the stop! Shot right at him really.

39': We finally put our first shot of the match on target, Mills shoots from 20 yards out and its saved by the keeper, turned back for a corner, we can't do anything with the corner.

HALF: They got 3 shots in that one highlight and there wasn't a whole lot else going on. Sheffield Utd has 7 shots total, 3 on target. We have 3 shots total, 1 on target. Possession is slightly in our favor but like last match we're not tackling well and we are doing awful in the air winning only 40% of our headers. It seems like they have been the better team today but only slighlty.

46': The attack from the whistle, a couple passes up the left sideline, a centering pass to ST Vanelli, he turns and fires from 20 yards out and its a hell of a strike, by welsh, by Capitani and into the left side of the net. 0-1

58': We get a quick counter attack after winning a ball in defense, Hughes with a long ball forward to Negredo who gets a very easy goal... but he's offsides... I dunno about that one, tha'ts close.

67': We attack, they are really crowding the defense... Hughes to Mills, Mills plays is into the very left edge of the area, way out wide for Hughes, Hughes cuts inside, shoots.. and beats the keeper!! His first ever senior squad goal for Ipswich! 1-1

80': they attack, and its another ball into the area for ST Vanelli after very little buildup... he's behind the defense and has a very easy finish. 1-2

80': Hamilton in for Negredo, Johnson in for Gordon, Mariga in for Mills

84': Clive Jackson comes off injured... he's got to leave the match immediately... and we just used all our subs. Doh.

There's no comeback to be had today.

Ipswich 1 : 2 Sheffield Utd

Goal: Hughes (7.5)
Assist: Mills (7.0)
Notables: Kirkland (7.2), Gordon (7.0), Donnelly (7.0)

Welsh was beaten repeatedly today and ends up with 5.7 rating, worse than anyone else in defense. He really couldn't handle Vanelli at all and their star won the game for them.

Injury Update

DR Clive Jackson is going to miss 2-3 weeks with a twisted knee suffered in the match today. That's actually a bit of a problem as the guys on the squad that can effectively play DR are McKerr, Jackson and youth player Denis Haskins. All of them are currently hurt. McKerr is still out for 1-2 months. We'll either switch to a 3-1-4-2 or something like that, or sign a free transfer DR to fill for a couple weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote