View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #939
Radii
Head Coach

February Update

-- We play on the 6th, 9th, 13th, 20th and 28th. 13th should be our next FA Cup match, the replay isn't done yet for our opponent so its not officially listed yet.

-- I haven't really mentioned him much but we bought a young striker, Chris Bryan, from Oxford for $325k last year. He's mentioned in our training report this month and he's a dominant player for the U-18s. He has 42 goals in 33 matches. He's actually led us almost entirely by himself to the semifinals of the U-18 Cup, getting the young guys a lot of great youth experience. He's made gains in about 1/3 of his ratings over the last year and has made recent gains in pace (15), Agility (16), Stamina (10), Positioning (9), First Touch (13). He's valued at $3.2M. Similar to what I had hoped to do with Chris Mason earlier int he year, I'd love to loan Bryan out next year to a Championship team with a good coach. He seems like a guy that could easily be my #3 striker with another year of solid play.

-- The board is absolutely delighted with my performance still. EPL play is the highlight, Cestor Mike is the lowlight.

-- We made a profit of $1.89M last month, about the amount that we made loaning out Carlos Antonio and Selling Ian Taylor.

-- Clive Jackson resumes full training. Adagsmar as well a few days later.

-- Usually I hop on speculation about potential job openings before I can get an offer. Here the official offer comes before any sort of rumors. After 16 straight top 10 finishes in La Liga, Villareal finished 11th last year and are currently 16th and fighting against relegation. They have a wage budget of $1M/wk and a $22M transfer budget and I'm offered the job there. Of course I turn it down as I'm thrilled at the work we're getting done at Ipswich but its nice to be wanted!

-- There's a round of international friendlies taking place on the 9th/10th of February. We always have a number of players called up, but the new and exciting thing today is that Steven Mills and Neil Gordon are called up to England's senior squad!!

-- We have a match scheduled on the 9th against Sunderland that is rescheduled for the 17th due to international callups.

February 6th, 2021

Ipswich(10-8-8, 9th) @ Wolves(2-7-17, 19th)

We're even money favorites at Wolverhampton today, they're 11:5 to get a win. With 2 losses and a draw in our last 3 matches we'd like to get back to winning today. We crushed them 4:1 in the FA Cup just 2 weeks ago.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Welsh/Henrique/Jackson
M: Hughes/Mariga/Mills/Gordon
F: Khan/Constantino

Jackson is back at DR. Mariga starts for Donnelly who isn't quite fully healthy yet and Khan is back in the lineup.

2': Welcome back Clive Jackson! They clear a ball out of their defensive end to a striker but Jackson makes the tackle to win it back for us. A pass to mills, passed back to Jackson, he puts a ball into the area for Neil Gordon and its just perfect. Gordon easily beats the keeper for a very early goal. 1-0

14': they have a throwin, taken to van wolfswinkel, he doesn't control it well and Khan takes it away. van Wolfswinkel commits a foul... and I can't say I see why exactly, but he's given a straight red card!! We've got a 1-0 lead and they're going to be down a man for the next 75 minutes.

28': We attack quickly straight up the middle, Henrique to Mills to Mariga to Khan, Khan loses his man, gets into the area and shoots and scores! Welcome back Matthew Khan! 2-0

41': Hughes with a cross into the area from the left side, Neil Gordon heads it down for Constantino who is wide open and easily puts the ball into the net. 3-0

HALF: We're way better than them and they lost a man early, its a recipe for disaster. I sub Negredo in for Constantino and Guarin in for Mills, two guys I only rest when I have to under normal circumstances. Have a half off, you've earned it.

53': They have a goal kick, its taken long, around 20 yards out from goal their ST Vokes and Welsh both jump for a header. Vokes wins it, Capitani was coming out to presumably catch the ball on the bounce, the header goes over his head and cuts in just under the crossbar and into the net. Oops. 3-1

I turned it down to commentary only for the rest of this. We must have lost our concentration or something as we generated 5 clear cut chances in the second half, ended up with 30 total shots, but didn't score again. That's ok, I suppose a 3-0 lead will do that for you.

Wolves 1 : 3 Ipswich

Their keeper is man of the match after seeing 30 shots come in, 14 of them on target, but only allowing 3 goals.

Goals: Gordon (7.8), Constantino (7.2), Khan (7.1)
Assists: Jackson (7.7), Hughes (8.0), Mariga (7.0)
Notables: Capitani (7.0), Henrique (7.0)
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote