View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #1004
Radii
Head Coach

-- We break all kinds of $$ records. We've spent $29,000,000 on new players this year. Our old record was $17.75M. The $15M I spent on Mattle broke the old team record by $4M.

September Update

-- We play on the 1st, 11th, 18th, 21st, and 25th this month. In the break between the 1st and 11th we have 13 players called up for international matches. Most of that is World Cup Qualifiers.

-- Jack Hughes and young DC Sam Barnett train well this month. Barnett isn't one of my top prospects but that's always nice to see. Hughes is showing tons of improvement. Strength (12), Balance (12), Positioning (10), Anticipation (15), Dribbling (12), Marking (13), Tackling (14), Creativity (11), and Crossing (11) have all gone up in the last 2 months.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our increase in stature is the positive. Our 4:1 defeat to Sheffield Utd is the lowlight.

-- We lost $10.5M last month. Right now I'm sitting on an $8.8M loss so far this year and a balance of -$2.1M. I'm sure our budget counted the expectation of a few more million from the Euro Cup.

September 1st, 2021

Tottenham(2-0-1, 8th) @ Ipswich(0-2-1, 18th)

Tottenham are 6:4 favorites at Portman Road today, we're 13:8 very slim dogs. We've never beaten these guys, 0-1-5 lifetime with a loss at home and tie on the road last season.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/O'Brien/Welsh/Heywood
M: Hughes/Mariga/Clifford/Doran
F: Khan/Constantino

Heywood starts for Jackson today. Doran gets his first start at MR. Clifford starts for the tired Mills.

13': They earn a clear cut chance after a lot of possession and buildup on offense, they finally get a through ball to one of their strikers... but Capitani makes the save.

17': Another ball into the area for Tottenham... this one O'Brien misses an interception, he was right there.. and ST Stuer gets a clear cut chance and they won't miss again. O'Brien's fault. 0-1

HALF: And we see them miss a shot long and then 20 minutes go by to get us to halftime. We've got no offense at all. They have 10 shots, we have 1. I didn't see our one shot in a highlight. They have a 60/40 possession edge and lead (though not by much) in every statistical category. Neil gordon is in for Doran at the half, doran will be ok but he got hurt in the first half and is noticeably slowed. Chris Bryan comes in for Constantino. My assistant is still talking about how the team is struggling to gel.

57': Highlight opens with us already on offense, Bryan has it, passes ot Khan, gets it back in the area... Bryan shoots, but the keeper dives and pushes it away.

79': Mills in for a tired Mariga.

81': O'Brien is hurt... he went after a ball hard and got hurt attempting to make the tackle. Play continues, they get into the area in the hole O'Brien left and Capitani makes a good save to stop a goal. Unfortunately, O'Brien can't continue... we have to play the last 10 minutes with 10 men since we've used our subs.

84': Neil Gordon goes to the ground after making a pass... he's hurt and off the field for a bit, we've got 9!

Ipswich 0 : 1 Tottenham

We've scored 1 league goal in 4 matches.

Man of the Match: Michele Capitani (9.1)
Notable: Clifford (7.0)

Mark O'Brien... my new star DC signing... earned himself a 4.2 rating today before getting hurt. Neil Gordon a 5.7 as a sub.

Injury Update

Neil Gordon has a pulled hamstring and is out 3 weeks.

Mark O'Brien has a groin strain and is out 2-3 weeks.

Fantastic.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote