View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #1015
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

Clive Jackson turned an ankle after a bad fall in our last match and he's out 3-4 weeks. That hurts us at DR a good bit for the next couple weeks with Anthony Heywood out 2-3 weeks still as well.

November update

-- We'll play on the 6th, 20th and 27th this month. Another nice light month to rest.

-- my youth striker Eoin Darcy is highlighted as having trained well last month. Corners (14), Finishing (12), Long Shots(8), Marking (6), Anticipation (13), Composure (14), and Decisions(12) are all up.

-- ML Jack Hughes is 3rd in young player of the month voting for October.

-- Our young GK Michael Rogers is the League 1 Young Player of the Month out on loan for Shrewsbury. Go go! He's helped lead Shrewsbury to 1st place in League 1, I'd love to have a feeder team in the Championship to loan players to, so I'm cheering for them. My reserve striker, Rob Kershaw was sent to Shrewsbury to try to help them win as well (and since I'm not sure he has a place on Ipswich really). In league 1 he's got 8 goals in 10 matches.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our increase in stature is the highlight, the signing of Sakari Mattila is the lowlight. I haven't used him enough since I suck at rotating players when I don't have to (also I *really* wanted Mattle and O'Brien to gel at DC). Matilla has played in 3 league matches with a 5.95 rating, so he hasn't done much for me, but calling him a failure is a bit much.

-- We lost $1.48M last month. We've lost $11.5M this year and have a balance of -$4.8M. It would seem that's only going to get worse. We could really use a deep FA Cup Run this year, and are relying on meeting our league expectations with a top half finish to get the $18.5M or better payout that will keep us even this season.

November 6th, 2021

Arsenal(9-1-1, 1st) @ Ipswich(4-2-5, 11th)

Arsenal are on fire and off to a 9-1-1 start, 21 for/6 against. They're 4:5 favorites today, we're 3:1 to get a win. We are 1-1-5 lifetime against Arsenal, we beat them 3:2 at portman road last year. They should win but we are nothing if not inconsistent and certainly capable of beating anyone at home.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Mattle/O'Brien/McKerr
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mariga/Doran
F: Constantino/Khan

Their star ST Bugra Yildirim has 10 goals already in 11 league matches. I see another name I recognize as well, Lauri Dalla Valle has 4 goals in 10 league matches. He's been with Liverpool since 07/08 and has been their star striker for the last 7 years, scoring 20 goals twice and 15 two other times.

Mariga starts for Clifford, Doran gets a start over Gordon today and McKerr is in since Jackson and Heywood are hurt.

21': We have 4 shots, they have 4 shots, not a one on target yet.

28': Mariga a yellow.

32': Dalla Valle with a yellow

34': midfielder Gamliel with a yellow.

38': Khan with a yellow...

39': First on target shot of the match as they get a through ball into the area for ST Nooij, he has a great look, a clear cut chance, but Capitani dives and pushes it away, it hits the post and goes free, we clear.

HALF: We end the half with 4 shots, all off target. They shoot 11 times and end up with 3 on target, but 9 are from long range. They have a 53/47 possession edge, their passing (74/56), Tackling (80/54), and Heading (66/50) are all way better, just a lack of finishing for them.

48': Constantino is hurt... and he's got to come off. Uh oh. Our youngster Chris Bryan is in. We'll check in on our fan favorite after the match, I don't think he's ever been forced out of a match like that in his entire career.

56': Donnelly with a yellow. This gives them a free kick from 30 yards out. Its struck by Bugra Yildirim, rockets around the wall and bends into the right side of the net... a great shot there. 0-1

69': We get forward on offense, Donnelly with a beautiful ball into the area, Chris Bryan gets to it in between their two central defenders, strikes it into the right side of the net... but offsides. Really? That was close...

85': midfielder Gamliel with a yellow... that's his second and he's off. Can we tie it up with a man up in the last 5+ minutes?

92': We have been passing it around forever over 2 highlights without being able to find a shot or an opening in their defense... Mariga pulls up and shoots from 25 yards out way to the right, its on target and the keeper has to dive for it... but he saves it. Good effort.

Ipswich 0 : 1 Arsenal

Not a bad effort today. They get only a goal on a great free kick from 30 yards out and we are unable to find the net.

Notables: McKerr (7.0), Kirkland (7.0), Mariga (7.4)

Doran has a 6.2 out right and Consatntino a 5.9 before he got hurt.

-- After the matches today Sheffield Utd and SUnderland both fire their head coaches (they're in 17th and 18th right now). I release statements indicating I'm not interested in either job.

Injury Update

-- Jack Hughes turned an ankle today and is out 3-4 weeks.

-- Constantino has a thigh strain and is out 10-14 days.

WE play relegation candidates Reading in 2 weeks so we've got time to rest up. Constantino won't likely be ready and that'll be one where we really need 3 points.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote