View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #1021
Radii
Head Coach

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

-- We're going on the road to play Charlton from the Championship. We'll take this a lot more seriously than the league cup. This match will be played on Jan 1.

December Update

-- After a very light October and November things are going to heat up like crazy in December. We play on the 4th, 11th, 14th, 20th, 26th and 28th. I mentioned at the end of last sim, our first two matches are against teams fighting relegation then our next 4 are against teams in the top 7. We do get 4 of our 6 matches at home. I think a reasonable expectation would be to get 8 points out of the 6 matches this month. If we want to make a serious push for 7th we probably should shoot for 10 points.

-- Two of our youngsters, ST Eoin Darcy and ML Daniel King, are singled out for having trained extremely well this month. Darcy is being tutored by Matthew Khan and that seems to be working out amazingly well.

-- Constantino's great goal vs West Ham last match is the EPL goal of the month. I have this one uploading in the background and will post the video soon, whee.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. The increase in stature is the positive, the signingo f Sakari Mattila is the negative.

-- We lost $600,000 last month. With 4 home matches in December I hope we can turn a profit.

-- I briefly check in on the Euro Cup and notice that the team that knocked us out, Livorno, are solidly in second place in their group with two matches left. Barring a terrible collapse, they will advance to the knockout rounds. Tottenham are 4-0-0 and have already clinched advancement. Same with Aston Villa. Looking over at the Champions League, Man City is out, they're going to finish 3rd in their group. Man Utd have advanced. Chelsea are in 3rd with 1 match to play but their circumstances are pretty decent. They play the worst team in the group. The 1st and 2nd place teams are tied just 3 points ahead of Chelsea. If the top two teams tie and Chelsea wins by 2 goals they will advance. And lastly, Arsenal have clinched a spot in the knockout rounds. So outo f the 7 teams that qualified for Europe last year, only Ipswich and Man City are done.

December 4th, 2021

Southampton(4-2-8, 17th) @ Ipswich(5-3-6, 11th)

Southampton are only 4 points behind us, but if we beat them we could likely drop them into 18th today. We're only 5:4 favorites, they are 7:4. We need this one at home today.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Mattle/Welsh/Jackson
M: Adagsmar/Clifford/Donnelly/Gordon
F: Khan/Constantino

We rotate Welsh in at DC, and Donnelly/Clifford start in the midfield with Mills hurt again. Standard mindset today.

17': Adagsmar is hurt... and forced out of the match. I had set up subs to get in a couple other guys and somehow left Hughes out (he just came back from injury, I pulled Burton out but forgot to put Hughes in.) I do some really awesome things some times! Mariga is in at MC. Donnelly DMC, Gordon up to AMC and we run our narrow diamond formation.

18': we have a throwin near midfield, after a couple passes Clifford just gets to run into the area and fire a shot, their defense doesn't close down at all... its a clear cut chance, but saved.

24': Matthew Khan is hurt. He's forced to come off. Holy christ. Chris Bryan is in.

31': One of their mids is forced out of the match with an injury... dangerous game today.

42': They have a free kick near midfield, very quickly a pass ahead, through ball into the area and a clear cut chance for Southampton... but the shot is right at Capitani.

HALF: Each team shoots 5 times, kinda boring so far. We're going to attack this half.

63': We build up on offense, down the left side, Donnelly passes out wide to Kirkland, ahead to Bryan at the left corner of thep enalty area, he beats a defender, attacks the keeper, shoots near post... and its in!! Bryan's first ever league goal! 1-0

83': We win a ball in our end, Mariga sends it ahead, Chris Bryan is there and he takes off, a 30 yard run into the area, his 2nd clear cut chance... but shot at the keeper and saved.

87': Heywood in for Jackson.

95': 3 minutes of added time... but somehow we're at 94:30 and its not over yet.. Donnelly with a foul just outside the penalty area, they're getting one last chance... but the free kick is off the wall and we get the win.

Ipswich 1 : 0 Southampton

Man of the Match: Stuart Kirkland (7.6)
Goal: Bryan (7.2)
Assist: Kirkland
Notables: Jackson (7.2), Mattle (7.2)

Very happy to see Chris Bryan get his first goal, and all of a sudden we're winning 1-0 matches instead of all these 3-2 games we played last year.

Injury Update

-- Adagsmar is out for 2 weeks with a twisted knee.

-- Oh dear. Matthew Khan is out for Four Months with a broken foot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote