View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #1031
Radii
Head Coach

January Update

-- We play on the 1st, 8th, 12th, 15th, 25th and 29th. We'll also play on the 22nd if we win our FA Cup match which is the first match of the month.

-- "decent potential" youth DC sam Barnett and probably not good enough to make it DLRC Michael Hollis both are singled out for training well.

-- ST Chris Bryan is named the young player of the month in the EPL! He played in 5 of our 6 matches in December, scoring twice, one assist, and ratings of 7.2, 7.3, 5.7, and 7.8. One appearance was a short sub. I bought Bryan from Oxford last year and am really excited about seeing him have some success.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. The signing of Nicklas Bendtner is the highlight, the signing of Mattila is the lowlight. I'm surprised at the love for Bendtner. He got hurt, missed a ton of time and Chris Bryan has sort of moved into the #3 striker spot.

-- We lost $164k last month.

-- The Transfer window opens, we're not looking to buy anyone, we may try to sell off Lee Burton, and we'll see who comes after our players.

January 1st, 2022

FA Cup 3rd Round

Ipswich (EPL) @ Charlton (CH)

We are 4:5 favorites over a team currently sitting in 14th in the Championship. They are 3:1 to win. We have a great history against them with an 11-0-3 lifetime record.

GK: Mason
D: Kirkland/Welsh/O'Brien/Jackson
M: Hughes/Mills/Donnelly/Gordon
F: Bryan/Constantino

Chris Mason gets a start in goal today. We go back to a 4-4-2 with what is basically my ideal midfield of Hughes/Mills/donnelly/Gordon. Bryan gets another start.

9': Jackson and Gordon pass it around a bit before Gordon passes to Chris Bryan who is 40 yards out. He starts a foot race with his defender and stays a half step ahead for a full run into the area, he shoots and scores! A great individual effort, his defender was on him pretty tightly there the entire way. 1-0

21': We earn a corner, they clear it out but we send it back forward. O'Brien to Mills, Mills into the area for Hughes who has a step on his man. He shoots from 10 yards out as the keeper is rushing out and aims well, its a goal! 2-0

30': Donnelly with a long ball into the right side of the area from 40 yards out. Gordon with perfect control , he's way behind his man who is caught horribly out of position and scores! 3-0

HALF: 6 shots for us, 5 on target and 2 clear cut chances. We allow 3 shots from long range, we're well in control here.

48': Bendtner in for Constantino, Clifford in for Donnelly.

68': Heywood in for Kirkland.

We finish this easily.

Charlton 0 : 3 Ipswich

Man of the Match: Neil Gordon (8.3)
Goals: Gordon, Hughes (7.9), Bryan (7.5)
Assists: Gordon, Mills (7.1), Donnelly (7.1)
Notables: Jackson (7.6), Kirkland (7.4), Welsh (7.0)

-- We receive $110,000 for this win.

-- Mattle resumes full training on match day.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote