View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #1032
Radii
Head Coach

-- I accept two offers for Lee Burton.

-- Man Utd send an enquiry about Mark O'Brien. I paid $9M for him and he hasn't been quite as good as I'd hoped so far but he's a clear starter for me at DC and I'd be just happy keeping him. I do respond and tell Man U I want $33M for him. A few days later they decline to make an offer.

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

32 teams left. There's a LOT of low level teams left, one in the BS South, a few league 2 and league 1... what do we get? The winner of a replay between EPL sides Sunderland and Everton... on the road.

Transfer Out

ML Lee Burton signs a deal with Reading. This is a deal worth $4.5M. We receive $1.2M now and will receive $3.3M over the next 18 months. We also will pick up 10% of the profit if Burton is sold for more later. We paid $1.6M to buy Burton from Aston Villa when we moved back to the EPL last year. Burton played 15 matches for us putting up a rating of ~6.3, 0 goals/1 assist. The emergence of Jack Hughes is really the primary reason for this.

January 8th, 2022

Ipswich(7-5-8, 11th) @ QPR(3-8-10, 18th)

We're even money favorites on the road here today. This is one of those early season matches where we pulled a 0:0 draw in a match where I pushed crazy hard for a win. Perhaps we can get it done on the road here.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Mattle/O'Brien/Jackson
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Clifford/Gordon
F: Bryan/Constantino

Capitani is back in, Clifford at MC for a tired Mills, Mattle right back in as well. Standard mindset on the road.

5': Gordon passes ahead to Bryan, Bryan goes around one man, a second is sticking close to him but he manages to get a solid shot off, keeper has to save it and push it wide, a great play by Bryan. We can't do anything on the corner.

15': A free kick at midfield, pass ahead to Bryan, through ball to Neil Gordon, a great pass and Gordon has a clear cut chance... but puts it wide. Gordon needed to score there.

35': We have 8 shots but just 2 on target.

38': Jackson is hurt, but can stay in.

HALF: We basically control the half but no serious chances after the first 20 minutes. We shoot 9 times but just put 2 on target. QPR shoots 5 times with 3 on target. We have a 62/38 possession edge and control every stat minus the goals. I decide that the offense is going too much through Chris Bryan, even though he's done some neat things if Constantino was getting the ball there we'd be ahead. I could have just changed the roles but decide to randomly experiment instead. Doran in at MR, Gordon up to AMC, Bryan is out.

49': They get forward and pass around a few times, a ball goes to ST Franks, he turns by O'Brien and gets a shot from the edge of the box, shoots, Capitani dives and gets a hand to the ball but can't push it wide... its in the net. 0-1

68': Mattle with a handball inches outside the area. They shoot wide on the free kick. We attack the rest of the way.

QPR just has our number this year. We don't score on them in two full matches and tie them at home and lose 1:0 on the road.

Notables: Capitani (7.1), Jackson (7.0), Kirkland (7.2)

Injury Update

-- Clive Jackson is going to miss 2 weeks.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote