View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #1040
Radii
Head Coach

February Update

-- We play on the 2nd, 5th, 8th, 19th and 26th. We'll play perhaps on the 12th too in the FA Cup. I think we're waiting on a replay for that to be officially scheduled.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Signing Bendtner is the highlight, the lowlight has changed to the signing of Aaron Doran at MR, who has not been as good as I'd hoped.

-- We made a profit of $1.31M last month.

-- We're expected to sell out our next match vs Sheffield Utd.

February 2nd, 2022

Sheffield Utd (9-2-13, 14th) @ Ipswich(8-6-11, 12th)

We're 11 points behind 7th but only 5 points ahead of 18th and we're only 1 point ahead of Sheffield Utd here. We've been underperforming against some of the teams below us, but this one is a bit different, they're a good team and they're even money favorites at our place. We're 11:5 to win, hopefully we are up for this one!

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Mattle/O'Brien/Heywood
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mills/Doran
F: Bendtner/Constantino

Doran and Heywood in for the injured Gordon and Jackson. Bendtner and Constantino up front today and back to a straight 4-4-2.

Standard mindset today. Its raining rather hard.

25': They have 4 shots we have 2, nothing threatening yet. We have a few corner kicks going nowhere as well.

42': We have a free kick in our side of midfield, a ball ahead to Mills, pass to Bendtner, pass to Constantino, he turns by his man, gets into the area, clear cut chance.. and its saved. Constantino is seriously suffering, he gets really down when he goes awhile without scoring. Last year he scores there 100% of the time.

HALF: They shoot 7 times but only put 1 on target. We shoot 4 times with 2 on target and should have a Constantino goal but we don't. They control much of the possession, they pass and head the ball much better, but all in all it feels like its totally anybody's game. Preidction: at least 2 goals this half, but no idea which team scores them.

66': We start a highlight in the midfield, ball ahead to Constantino and he takes it into the area... the keeper rushes out well and its not a clear cut chance this time but its still a good look... but its saved and pushed wide by the keeper.

67': Hughes with a yellow.

69': Bryan in for Bendtner, Mariga in for Mills.

73': We have a breakaway, as the highlight opens Mariga passes to Constantino, its his second clear cut chance... blasted right at the keeper. Sigh!

88': We build up on offense, Mariga puts a through ball... too deep in the area I think? But the keeper doesn't rush out for it, Bryan gets to it and its clear cut chance #3... off the keeper... rebound to Constantino but their entire defense is in the area and he doesn't have a shot, its tackled away and they clear to the side.

Ipswich 0 : 0 Sheffield Utd

So about that 2 goal prediction... well we generated 2 clear cut chances!

They have a defender earn man of the match. We were far superior in the 2nd half, just couldn't finish.

Notables: Heywood (7.2), Kirkland (7.4), Mattle (7.1)

Constantino a 6.0 today.

A quick standings update to see what we're looking up at trying to reach and looking down upon trying to stay clear of.

This is with 12 matches left to play (except where otherwise noted)

7. Man Utd - 41 pts
8. Birmingham - 41 pts
9. Huddersfield - 33 pts (1 less match played)
10. Southampton - 31 pts
11. Ipswich - 31 pts
12. Blackburn - 21 pts
13. Sheffield Utd - 30 pts (1 less match played)
14. Liverpool - 27 pts
15. West Ham - 27 pts (1 less match played)
16. Everton - 27 pts (2 less matches played)
17. Sunderland - 25 pts
------------------------
18. Nottingham Forest - 25 pts
19. QPR - 21 pts
20. Reading - 18 pts

Our current spot, 11th, pays out $17M at the end of the year. We promised a top half finish so the difference between 11th and 10th is important to me.

Last edited by Radii : 09-29-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote