View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

NCAA Basketball World Cup

At the risk of spreading myself too thin, as I have several projects going on, some of you probably remember the first one i did that I finished, but never got around to posting it on here. This one is a tad different. Same idea, except this time I took all 140 postseason participants from the 4 D1 NCAA basketball tournaments... 68 from the NCAA, 32 from the NIT, 16 from the CBI, and 24 from the CIT.

There will be 35 groups, of 4 teams a group. Teams will play each other twice, once home, once away. I will use the Whatifsports simulator to do this. Top 2 teams from each group advance, which means 70 teams advance to the next round. No wildcards. I have not yet figured out how I will take the remaining 70 teams and turn it into bracket play. Any ideas appreciated. It will take me a while to complete group play, as I have my interactive coaching dynasty, as well as working 3 jobs, so this will probably be a slow moving process.

I've tried to do my best to mix the groups, i randomly drew but made sure there was a BCS school, a mid-major, and a small conference school all in 1 group. The 4th team was drawn at random. When I start announcing the groups, if anybody sees a problem, let me know. I'll start working on the groups and geting them posted in the next few days. Hope you all enjoy.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote