View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Unless the repair shop is a preferred shop suggested by the insurance company they wouldn't get involved in it. Your insurance company is only responsible for paying for the repairs on your vehicle. It is your choice where you go and once the insurance company determines the cost of repairs and pays out on that anything involving the repairs is between you and the shop.

My insurance company horror story (fuck you Amica).

I went to a preferred shop to get my car repaired. The repairs came in at like 2x the cost estimated by the insurance company. I had the Chief Fraud Investigator for the region calling me up and accusing me of funny-business in collusion with the body shop, despite the fact that it was a preferred fucking body shop and I hadn't seen the car since it went in the shop.

I believe I got so fed up with it that I just ended up paying the excess. I'll never have anything to do with Amica ever again in my life.

And after that - the body shop did a shit job of putting the engine back together and I had issues afterwards. Got rid of that car soon after.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote