View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #3954
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

An hour later, the three of you are eating dinner, and Commo_Soldier is looking very pleased. He looks down to put his spoon into his bowl and looks up to see J23's vacant eyes staring back.

In an instant, J23 was slain.

Commo_Soldier looks confused. His asking gaze moves to Autumn, where it meets the gaze of...himself?

Autumn's eyes glow dark, and his body shifts. His arms become ropey tentacles and reach for Commo's neck and back. They enwrap him with a speed unheard of. The Pressure is immense, and bones begin to break.

"I will enjoy being back in my normal form, Deadbringer."

The Flame spared Commo_Soldier, but the shapeshifter that killed and replaced Autumn will not.

A few weeks later, arriving to investigate what had happened in Cape Gireaudeau, a Lightbringer sage discovers that the whole group has been destroyed. At the World's Fair in Chicago, the Red Death infects the mind of all of those who attend, and it's power spreads even more.

Meanwhile, the sage finds Autumn's corpse, dug in a shallow grave. It was killed in the exact same manner as CrimsonFox, and he determines that CF was a shapeshifter for a while as well, before moving to a new person.

Although the Lightbringers have been dealt a grievous blow, they are used to setbacks. The value in fighting against the Red Death is not in victory, but in the decision to do it at all. That is the source of man's virtue. To stand for right knowing you will fall for it.

The Servants of the Red Death have won! CrimsonFox, Zinto, Autumn, Narcizo, EagleFan and ntndeacon are victorious.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 10-14-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote