View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

That Grand Crusader has to fall early. The War Dog is also a powerful assault. There are a ton of buildings I have to navigate.

T1 – We lose init. The water is depth 2, so you don’t want to fall in. I hop my wasp behind their Mongoose. We focus a lot of fire on their Shootist and Wolverine. We have a group to the north of the lake and one to the south. An Awesome PPC nails the head of their Shootist and hits sensors once. Through its silky thin rear armor, our Wasp nails the gyro twice on their Mongoose. First blood baby! Kick by our BattleMaster wounds the Wolves’ RL.

T2 – We win init. We cornered their Wolverine and force it to jump away and it falls over due to damaged actuators. Our Black Knight spots for indirect LRMS that fall on their Shootist from our Catapult, Crusader.

T3 – We lose init. Just maneuvering mostly.

T4 – We win. We force their Shootist out and I move some people in. Their Wolverine skids, falls into the water and breaches its CT. Their Grand Crusader hits the H of our Wasp with missiles. Our Black Knight destroys the LT and our Dragon the CT of their Shootist. Dead mech. Now I can concentrate my forces on the other main group of mechs.

T5 – We lose init. We started moving down, and mechs hiding behind buildings start destroying the buildings they are hiding behind. Our fire exposed a couple of their mechs.

T6 – We win. Our Crusader destroys the Thorn’s LT. Our Banshee hits the Guillotine’s engine once. Our Dragon opens up the Thorn’s gyro and it falls.

T7 - We win init. Their Thorn manages to stand. Our Dragonfly destroys their Wasp’s ammo and it explodes, but CASE keeps it alive. Then it destroys the other arm. They take off a lot of armor off the Warhammer.

T8 – We win. Our Dragonfly tears off the H of their Wasp. Their Guillotine hits our BM’s head with a medium laser. Our Crusader’s missiles hit the H of their War Dog twice and knock out the pilot. Our BM destroys the War Dog’s LA. After a lot of kicks and punches, their Guillotine is on the ground. It was kicked twice.

T9 – We win. PPC from the Awesome to the H of their Lancelot. Dead mech., Their Trebuchet gets a through armor critical on our Dragonfly, nails the engine twice, it falls into the water and breaches its CT and its out. Dead mech. Our Black Knight has run up to their War Dog and fired and its head since it was immobile. One large laser crumples it. Dead mech. The BattleMaster kicks the RL of their Thorn, destroys it, destroys the RT – dead mech, but it falls and destroys the LL. IT’s literally just a H and CT on the ground. Their Quickdraw was kicked three times and fell.

T10 – We lose. I don’t know why, but they ejected from their Guillotine. We set up the perfect push. I run my Banshee behind their Grand Crusader when they move next to the water. No one fires, we push it over and into the water - it’s LT is breached and it is destroyed. Perfect. We radio the Quickdraw, Trebuchet and Shadow Hawk that we want their surrender and they can leave and take the Wobbie pilots with them, including the knocked out one on the Thorn. No answer

T11 – We lose. Their Quickdraw spins and runs, skids, falls, destroys the RL. More maneuvering

T12 – We lose. Minor weapons fire at the downed QD.

T13 – We lose again. Our Warhammer breaches the CT of their Shadow hawk. Our Warhammer is itself breached and out. Our PXH breaches the RT of their Trebuchet, and it has an XL engine. It’s done. Our Catapult destroys the LL of their Quickdraw, and then its RT and RA. It’s done.

Our strategy to go to the north and take out the handful of mechs there before moving south and putting our whole force the remainder of theirs worked perfectly. We didn’t even lose a limb, although we lost two mechs when they to go underwater to chase the remnants of theirs unit. They are already back up and running.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote