View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #230
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
My first impressions have been better, but Madden 12 may or may not be the game for me.

But it is absolutely not a big deal to me that a team who went 4-12 last year goes 12-4 in Madden.

Every year two or three teams jump from 3 or 4 wins to the playoffs. KC and Tampa jumped from 3 or 4 wins to 10 last year. Obviously, we know that talent shifts in the NFL due to salary cap issues, but beyond that there are a crapload of close games. SF Of that disaster stretch last year, SF lost 4 of their first 7 games by 3 points or less. 3 of those 4 losses came against playoff teams.

They get lucky and win those 4 coin flips and they sit 5-2 after 7 games last year with momentum. This year they get 8 games against Arizona, St.Louis, Seattle, Cincy and Cleveland. They have another game against what I feel is an overrated Tampa Bay team who was the reverse of SF last year.

Do they win 12 games? I highly doubt it. Hell, I don't think they win 8. But would it shock me if they won a few close ones to start the year and then caught fire like TB or KC last year? umm, no. If you look at their first 8 games, I could easily see a scenario where they went 6-2 or 5-3. (home games against Seattle, Dallas, Tampa and Cleveland. Road games against Cincy, Philly, Detroit and Washington)

Again, I'm not trying to say it is the game for you. And I'm not trying to say it's the game for me until I play around with it more.I just think ripping on an NFL sim because a 4 win team turned into a 12 win one is a little silly. My opinion, nothing more.

Good lord, I did not really believe when I wrote this that the 49ers would be this good. They are now 5-1 with 5 games left against their garbage division. Throw in a home tilt and I can see how this team goes 11-5 with relative ease. Madden had it nailed? Go figure.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote