View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #406
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
And to H_B's point - I also agree that you don't want to overdo the zombies. I just think you need to have a more consistent tension throughout the show. It needs to feel claustrophobic and dangerous and you want to be on edge until the commercial break or the show ends. The highway/herd scene was masterful in that regard.

I agree with the tension point. For whatever reason though, I always feel tense watching that show. I just amped for some reason. It seems to carry over after the show too, since, more often than not, I will have a zombie dream after watching this. I like zombie dreams. I had one on Sunday night. No zombies, but it was in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. I was in a house with my wife and some woman and she told us that she heard on the radio that they power would keep going until January 13, 2012. That's all I really remember.

Also, given how many god damned commercials they seemed to pack into those 90 minutes that'd be a LOT of tension. I guess AMC's gotta do something to afford its Mad Men budget.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote