View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:39 PM   #418
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I have heard this complaint by a number of folks, about how stupid/brain dead these folks are. Thinking back to this last episode, I can't really think of anything that they did that was so insanely stupid or brain dead.

The events, as I recall, where:

1. Car breaks down in the midst of the traffic jam. So, they stop there, start looting the cars for food, clothes, spare parts, weapons, etc. They also stop to fix the RV.

well, I'd pretty much start here. why are they still driving that rickety POS RV? they haven't passed any new RV dealerships by now? or a broken down fuel truck where they can stock up on some gas? no, they were so tight on gas they couldn't backtrack and instead had to try to plow through (GPS must have told them new route was too long). oh, and even though they are tight on gas, they don't think to stop at the big traffic jam to grab some gas until they get stuck.

the chase in the woods was fairly dumb too. sheriff and kid are being chased in the woods by two zombies. for some reason, these fit individuals can't outrun the zeds. sheriff apparently doesn't want to use the gun to avoid attracting other zombies. eventually, he uses a rock...but since this is a magic rock, he could only use it when no other living humans are around, because before he did it he sent the girl away. or that's what I'm assuming.

I know you have to do this stuff to a point. Lost was pretty big for this as well (hey, we found this shelter with food, running water and beds, but let's just use it as an occasional shower and stay on the beach under the tarps). I just wish they put a little more effort into disguising it.