Thread: Best eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #327
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Sometimes patience and a little luck pays off. Been looking at kindles for about a year pretty sure I would eventually get one. Almost bit when the first "ad models" came out at $114. Then the new $79 model and the $99 price for the keyboard "ad model" made it a "for sure" deal.

Wanted to wait on some reviews on the $79 model as a basic reader would be fine for me but wasn't sure about not having a keyboard. Some mixed reviews on the screen compared to the K-3(I believe that is the keyboard?) left me waiting a bit longer to see if it was a bad batch of machines or cheaper design.
Was finally planning on ordering yesterday and go with the keyboard model.

Funny thing is since Wed. my boss had a kindle, still boxed, on his desk. I figured he got it as a freebie for something work related and would give it to his wife or it was a prize for a drawing for our customers. Before leaving work I asked him what was up with the kindle? Turns out it came from corporate office and each store was to sell theirs. Yeah, corporate wanted the money rather than give them away, whatever. Anyway boss doesn't know much about them and asks me what they sell for. I tell him about each model and that they go anywhere from $80-$140 for wifi dependent on ads and keyboard. He thinks about that for a second and asks if I'm interested in it for $40? Sure am

Reading "War and Peace" now. Free classics are awesome.
Prices for some books are a bit high at $9.99 but really when I consider either shipping or having to drive 90 miles to the nearest "good" bookstore it is still a bargain. Also considering almost any book I could ever want is available without having to search makes it worth the price, to me.

Thrilled to finally have my kindle.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote