View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #1434
Radii
Head Coach

-- In a coaches meeting I'm told that Steven Mills and Michele Capitani are both making a little noise about wanting a new challenge. Nothing will happen there until at least next year, I don't wanna lose Mills!

Injury Update

Clive Jackson has food poisoning. Heywood is already out, its only a few days but I'm not sure Jackson can play against Man City.

May Update

-- @ Man City May 3rd, vs Aston Villa May 10th, @ Liverpool May 18th, FA Cup Final May 31st.

-- Yuri Di Giuseppe wins young player of the month in England again. He's now won the award all 3 months since he came to Ipswich.

-- The board is very pleased with my leadership. The signing of Di Giuseppe is finally acknowledged as the highlight. no negatives.

-- We made a profit of $8.5M last month.

May 3rd, 2025

Ipswich (17-10-8, 5th) @ Man City (13-9-12, 8th)

We were 4:5 favorites at home in the champions league, then 5:4 favorites at a neutral site in the FA Cup, and now we are even money favorites on the road at Man City. They played in the Champions League a few days ago and we are close to full strength with our injured guys finally being back into form, but I can't imagine how we're favorites like that on the road after so many crazy close matches against them.

GK: Bogdanovs
D: Ballester/Aldrovandi/Mattle
M: Crespo/Jean/Smith/Mills/Gordon
F: Di Giuseppe/Bryan

We add to our level of difficulty by changing up our formation with Jackson and Heywood both out. I'm pretty embarrassed that I didn't catch and fix this problem in January with a new signing at DR. We run a flat 3-5-2 and its a really really strong lineup, just not one we're familiar with.

22': Crespo is hurt.

24': Oh my god brilliant, BRILLIANT passing!! Crespo wins a ball in our end and triggers a counter attack, ahead to Di Giuseppe, to Bryan, back to Di Giuseppe, back to Bryan, advancing up the field through a maze of defenders that are back and ready for this the entire time, Bryan gets into the left side of the area and lays one more pass, this one off to Mills coming up the middle, and Mills has a clear cut chance and puts it into the left side of the net!! Beautiful play. 1-0

40': Gordon takes a corner to the far post, the keeper dives out for the ball and Aldrovandi wins a header but its high.

HALF: A very quick half, one superb counter attacking move gives us the lead. We watch them take a couple shots but that's it. They shoot 6 times but only put 2 on target and 4 of those shots are from long range. We have 4 shots, 2 on target, but generate the one clear cut chance and finish it. Possession is 56/44 in their favor, we are tackling extremely well (77%) and other stats are even.

52': They send a cross in from the left, Mills heads it out wide right, they get to it and send another cross in now from the right, they win a header, Bogdanovs makes a reflex save, they are first to the rebound inside the 6 yard box, Bogdanovs positions perfectly and gets in front of this one too, two great saves!!

64': They have a corner, taken to the near post, Ballester heads it but not that far away, they recover, one pass to defender Hadji, he has a shot from 15 yards out, somehow avoids all the men in the area and gets his shot into the right side of the net. 1-1

86': Mills tries a through ball for Di Giuseppe but they clear it, we head it back forward, Smith is 35 yards out, he puts a beautiful ball into the area, Chris Bryan runs onto it, he has a clear cut chance and he scores!!!! 2-1

86': Adagsmar in for Crespo, Clifford in for Smith, CONTAIN. Don't let them score, we're so close.

90': They have a free kick just outside the area out wide right, crossed into the 6 yard box, midfielder Williams wins it and scores. Oh man, what a huge huge letdown. 2-2

92': 2 minutes of extra time. We win a corner. Gordon takes it, but they head it away. We send it back forward... but time is called.

Man City 2 : 2 Ipswich

Oh that hurts. We had it!!! We played a great, great match, got two goals at Man City... and gave up a free kick and a goal with just 2 minutes left. We can't be too upset about a draw here overall, but we had it!!!!

Man of the Match: Steven Mills (8.3)
Goals: Mills, Bryan (7.4)
Assists: Bryan, Mills

Everyone else 6.7-6.9.

-- I hit continue and await the results. Right, Liverpool doesn't freaking choke. Liverpool 5 : 1 Southampton.

Injury Update

Crespo was hurt in today's match and he's out 3 weeks.

TWO matches to go unless otherwise noted.

1. Man Utd - 77 pts
3. Chelsea - 74 pts
2. Arsenal - 73 pts (1 less played)
4. Liverpool - 64 pts
-----------------------------------
5. Ipswich - 62 pts
6. Newcastle - 57 pts
7. Aston Villa - 54 pts
8. Man City - 49 pts (1 less played)

Liverpool schedule: @ Nottingham Forest, vs Ipswich

Ipswich Schedule: vs Aston Villa, @ Liverpool (ignoring FA Cup here)

Arsenal beat Newcastle and Newcastle cannot finish 4th.

We wanted to win yet again but in the end, the draw is important. We control our own fate. If we can beat Aston Villa then we will, at worst, be 2 points behind Liverpool going into our final match @ Liverpool. If we win our last two matches we finish 4th.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote