View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:03 AM   #309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here we go!

T1 – We win init with Braham’s tactical genius. We are on a rocky spartan battlefield, long but not wide, with a chasm in the middle. We arrange our fire support mechs on each of the end, where there is some elevation to half hide behind. We each close quickly. They get a lucky shot and destroy the H of Bruiser’s Dasher D with an ER PPC from a Masakari Prime. Sigurd is killed. They also destroyed its LA. Meanwhile, we focus on two of their mechs. A Ryoken that came too close loses both of its arms and legs to concentrated fire and a Fenris is equally destroyed. They go internal on the Peregrine in Bruiser Company and get a RL blown off critical and it falls.

T2 – We win. The Peregrine is ejected to make sure it survives. Meanwhile, we maneuver closer. This time, we destroy the head of a mech – Sealion’s Galahad destroys the H of their Cauldron-Born A. Meanwhile, after stripping armor off a Mad Cat, missiles from our fire support mechs lance pepper it until they find the pre-made holes and ignite its ammo. The pilot blacks out from the explosion and it falls into the chasm and destroys a RL in the big fall. Our Gallowglas is suddenly without two arms and they hit the head with an Ultra AC 10 and go internal but don’t hit anything.

T3 – They win. We finally finish destroying a squad of elementals with some scout mechs, including our Lynx. In fires weapons from clanners and blast Sealion’s Archer’s CT and destroy it. We replay with weapons eviscerating the Nobori-Nin Prime from the battlefield by destroying its LT and hitting its engine and gyro once each. Good job Rifleman IIc! I’m really becoming fond of that mech. Our Apollo in Shadow Company destroys a damaged Dasher’s RL and it falls and destroys its own RA. Essex’s own Orion stumbles under an onslaught and a right leg foot actuator hit and falls.

T4 – They win again. Their elementals are now in firing range, so get ready. Essex stands. Their missiles tear into our Grand Crusader and destroy its RT, shutting it down from the XL engine loss. They blast the right arm and left leg right off a Dragonfly B. We have replacements in our garrison, but it’s out for now. Meanwhile, a gauss slug from a Vulture C blasts the RT of an untouched Daishi, goes internal from a lucky hit, and destroys its gyro with three hits. Dead Daishi. I just wish it was the Star Colonel’s! We also hit the head of another Cauldron-Born three times with missiles and the pilot blacks out and it falls over.

T5 – We win. I’m not sending my troops jumping over the chasm and exposing themselves on the other side, so no back fighting or physical attacks in this confrontation, it’s a good place to fight for the clans! I eject the Dragonfly B. Weapons fire into the Cauldron-Born from our Starslayer, but we only hit the head once more. The pilot has five hits, and she is out for the rest of the game likely. We destroy arms on three mechs of theirs – Nobori-Nin, Black Hawk and Ryoken. They destroy two legs of ours – both on the same mech. Bruisers’ PXH falls. The pilot takes some damage. Not much else this turn though.

T6 – We win. I eject the PXH. Sealion’s Crusader blasts into the CT and LT and RT of a Masakari B, and hits an engine once in each and it shuts down. Meanwhile, Bruiser’s Marauder IIc gets a head hit with a glancing blow ER PPC on their wounded Ryoken. It goes internal, destroys the sensors once, and the mechs staggers and falls. Our Talon destroys a second Elemental Point after it’s own LL is destroyed.

T7 – We lose. I eject the Talon and see Braham’s Orion take more damage. They have gone internal in five places, but not the arms or head. Archer missiles from the one left blast into their wounded Ryoken, which didn’t even stand, and destroy its CT. A damaged Black Hawk takes more fire to its RT after its RA was destroyed two turns ago, and we destroy it, and then hit its CT engine one and it shuts down. Meanwhile, they fire at an uninjured Apollo, get a through armor critical, and ignite its ammo. Boom! Dead mech. Meanwhile, we lance fire into their Star Colonel’s mech and it stumbles and falls after we hit three actuators in its LL and the hip in its right one.

T8 – We win with tactical genius. I eject Braham and we lose his tactical genius for the rest of the battle. They stand their downed Daishi. We destroy three points of elementals this turn with various scout mechs. We pour fire into it, and Star Colonel’s Anton Wirth’s mech is destroyed after our Zeus hits both the gyro twice and the engine thrice. Doubly dead! Missiles from a Vulture Prime go internal on the H of our Lynx and hit the cockpit and kill out pilot. Other than that, they do nothing but hit a few arm actuators in Sealion’s MAD IIc.

T9 – With momentum our way, even a loss in init won’t prevent the inevitable. Thinking this will be the turn they reverse the momentum, they try. They even manage to knock our wounded Mad IIc down after hitting the gyro once and hip once. It doesn’t matter. Three more of their mechs are destroyed – two CTs destroyed and we blasted another H.

With massive losses in their mech world, and half of their mechs destroyed or basically so with five squads of elementals gone already, we offer them hegira and they accept. We’re in a much better position and they’ve clearly lost and don’t want to push it. It’s bad enough to have lost the Manassas, but to lose a full Trinary of mechs and a Binary of mechs and a Trinary of elementals? That would be awful. They have Cromwell and they can leave content and with honor.

Bondsmen:

Jin, 1/2, Mad Cat
Jane, 1/2, Cauldron-Born

Jin is sent to replace Sigurd in Bruiser Company’s Dasher.
Jane replaces Sgt. Amir Satya in Shadow Company. Starslayer pilot Katya Dovich is promoted to Sergeant.

We spend 16.5 mill replacing and fixing everything that we can, and 8.25 of that is paid for us. Most of that is the loss of the Archer and Apollo.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote