View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 AM   #346
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Rewind:

June 15 – While recruiting on Outreach, Major Ling discovers a DropShip and crew have arrived and is looking for a new unit. She negotiates to bring them aboard. When our Aerospace units aren’t being used, we have them ferry materiel, troops, or cargo to make the payments of salary and upkeep. That’s sometimes why it usually takes about ten days after accepting a contract to have it start. We have gained the Union class DropShip Megan’s Fury, captained by Megan Moore. She was previously with a mercenary command facing the clans. They destroyed her unit and didn’t even bother her, she just left and came to Outreach to sign on with another outfit.

July 1 – Contracts!

Company – Security – Waaaay out there in Drac Space
FedCom – O Raid – target is Sky Rebellion on Kochab
FedCom – Garrison
Combine – Security
Periphery – Planetary Assault

Sigh, where are my raids at? Who wants garrison, let me check. Somewhere in the Draconis March, let me roll…Xhosa VII. Duke Sandoval needs some aid in protecting his borders, since front line units were stripped away to fight the clans and are still there. He would like us to put some troops on Xhosa VII for a couple of years. He trusts us, and would be happy if we took the contract. This is just not what we are looking for right now, though. We’ve had a lot of people that get back, and then just as soon as they do they head back out again. Too much time on JumpShips and in battle. Many of our guys need some R&R. We’d like to keep people near home for a bit, although we’re happy to send out guys on raids, but we don’t want to take these giant contracts on a regular basis, plus we just signed away a battalion for 8 months and a company and tank battalion for two years. I’m not interested in signing away even more troops right now.

Another Skye Rebellion is occurring on Kochab, and we can take a contract that heads out there and puts them down. They have taken control of the capital, and we need to dislodge them. They have one mech company, one tank company, and some assorted extra assets like infantry and VTOLs.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote