View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #467
SteveMax58
College Starter

I've been DVR'ing & watching these episodes later in the week (usually Friday) so I've been avoiding this thread until after I see the latest episode.

I'll also confirm that the names are not engrained in my memory very much at all. Rick, Shane, and usually Lori now. Everybody else is just the old guy, asian dude, black dude, the deer hunter (which now has a completely different context...so I'll need to change it), blonde woman, woman who isnt blonde woman but also not Lori, and the random kids (one of which is Rick's son...maybe thats it?).

I thought ep2 was ok. Very much a tease/setup episode though. My wife asked me while we were watching it, "Is this show going to become 'Lost'?"...to which I said "Probably".

One thing I have to say that is starting to annoy me. The "Rick & Shane verbal heroism battles" are getting old. I get "what" they are trying to communicate but they just seem too contrived & illogical to me. IDK what they could do better but they are really not sitting well with me.

Rick: I need to leave my dieing son here without access to my blood so I can go get Lori just in case he dies...which will probably happen if I do leave.
Shane: You need to be here with your son...ya know...because he'll die if you dont.
Rick: Gah!!! His mother should be here & I need to go get her!! Its not right!
Shane: You know I'd take a bullet in my pee-pee for ya buddy, right? I mean...no shit...straight up. But I dont think you should go get her.
Rick: I gotta go get her...[collapses]
Shane: Phew...glad I didnt have to prove that one.

Last edited by SteveMax58 : 10-30-2011 at 07:07 AM.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote