View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #1501
Radii
Head Coach

November 30th, 2025

Sheffield Utd(2-3-8, 19th) @ Ipswich (6-4-1, 7th)

Sheffield Utd is one of those teams that seem to give us problems as well but this year they are way way down there. We are 1:2 favorites at home today. 5-4-14 lifetime, we did win the last time we met but are 1-1-2 in our last 4. Complacency against lower ranked teams is a worry here today where we could benefit so much by a 3 points we *should* get.

GK: Bogdanovs
D: Kirkland/Mattle/Olvera/Jackson
M: Ros/Jean/Mills/Chrzanowski
F: Darcy/Bryan

We start David Ros and Pablo Olvera today. I worry about complacency but really at home against a team 19th in the league, that's the time to start those guys that you wanna make sure play 10 matches.

We attack today. It's pouring down rain.

8': Darcy into the left side of the area for Ros, he's got a clear cut chance and a great look, but right at the keeper and saved.

10': Darcy a nice run down the left, cross, Bryan heads it... over. 6 shots in the first 10 minutes but just 1 on target.

17': Throwin in their end, thrown to Darcy in the left side of the area, played back to Kirkland, a cross, Jean is there about 8 yards away, heads it... goal!! 1-0

35': yellow for their midfielder Zabala.

39': They try to clear a ball out, Olvera at midfield, sends it up to Chrzanowski, he centers to Darcy, a short run, shot from 20 yards out... blasted by the keeper, really great strike!!! 2-0

HALF: We're crushing them and just need to keep it going. We have 13 shots to their 2, 67% of the possession, winning every possible area. Olvera has a 5.7 rating and I decide to go ahead and put in Bartlett, I don't want him to give up a goal and kill his confidence or anything.

65': Ros with a great juke to beat a man down the left side, he makes a nice run towards the left corner, plays a low cross into the area, Chrzanowski is there from near point blank range... but sends it right at the keeper, Ros should have earned an assist there, poor finish.

87': Mills is fouled about 20 yards out near the right corner of the penalty area. David Ros takes the free kick, sends it to the far post, the keeper goes all the way to that side of the goal, but Mills wins the header and just sends it into the nearly empty net! 3-0

87': Connolly in for Mills.

Ipswich 3 : 0 Sheffield Utd

Strong win, good play against a team we should beat.

Man of the Match: David Ros (8.8)
Goals: Darcy (7.4), Jean (7.9), Mills (7.9)
Assists: Ros, Kirkland (8.5), Chrzanowski (7.8)
Notables: jackson (7.8), Mattle (7.5)

I'm really pleased to see our young kid earn man of the match here, I expected it to be someone else, but he did play really well outside of missing the clear cut chance he had.

We're still in 7th after this one, but its so crowded, 1 point from 5th, 2 points from 3rd, 5 points from 1st, and we still have 2 matches in hand.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote