View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #514
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug5984 View Post
I didn't like last nights episode...

First the zombie in the well- why are they trying to get it out? I wouldn't drink the water even if he was out of it for a month... There are 5 (I think?) other wells on the property- board it up and call it a loss.

I may be forgetting one...but I think there was 1 zombie this whole episode. I understand they want there to be some more story lines, some drama, but I personally don't care about the little girl missing, and how many episodes have we focused on this? I hope they are able to pull it all together, because I really want to like this show, but it's losing me.

Surviving in a zombie infested world is a story enough to me, I want to see the characters search for shelter, food, water, supplies. I want to see them try to fortify their shelter...get pushed out for some reason, search for others, find where the helicopters are coming from, search for a "cure". I just think there is enough great story there that it's unnecessary to bring in the added drama, especially this early.

I agree about the well. I would never have chanced it. Sure, it's possible that it wouldn't be contaminated, but there is no way of ever knowing it. Yes, fresh water is a valuable resource and it's possible that the other 4 wells could run dry at some point, so you'd want to have well 5 as an option, but I'm not sure it was worth all of that. Once Plan A failed, I would have called it a day.

I disagree about the drama. A bunch of nameless characters with no background, interactions, feelings, emotions or what not running around a zombie apacolypse is fine and all and I would enjoy that, but I find it much more meaningful when there is more to characters. I also enjoy seeing how people deal with what's going on and the interactions with one another.

The Sophia thing doesn't bother me either. It took a pretty big back seat to Carl being shot and is now working as a decent excuse for why Hershel is letting the group stay at his place.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote