View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #516
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And it's giving Darryl a chance to have his better nature highlighted ... something I suspect is about to either be sorely tested or get a complete reversal.

I would be sad if we got a complete reversal on Darryl. I think they've done a great job with him and he's been my favorite character so far. They so easily could have made him just a stupid, stereo-typical redneck, but didn't. It will be interesting to see what happens if/when Merle shows up.

Another part of the drama that I like is showing how people deal with this new reality. If Shane wasn't feeling tortured or fucked up after what he did to Otis, I think that would be a sign of lazy, callous writing. Similarly, Andrea dealing with her sister's death or Carol with her missing daughter.

That said, I do think they need to balance it out with good old zombie action. So far, I've been all right with it. All zombies all the time would get old. And if they were acting like some sort of para-military group always scavenging, always building shelters, arming themselves, etc. I think it would strain credibility. The only guy with any real survival type skills is Darryl. That said, we've already seen the difference between Rick's group who has been "on the road" for a while and the group at Hershel's farm. The moment Rick's group got there (not Rick, Shane and Lori, who were dealing with the Carl situation), they noted the need for a look out, guns, supplies, etc.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote