View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #119
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I'm less interested in his legal culpability, and more interested in his moral/ethical obligations going forward. Both as a result of this incident, in terms of what he did/didn't do, and in the future, if he was aware Sandusky was on school grounds with kids/camps. Or even, why didn't he push to have him exiled permanently from the campus? Did he convince himself that McQueary was mistaken in what he saw? Was there more smoke to this fire generally from the 80s and on, and JoePa chose to ignore it? Is that why no one pushed this one incident, because they were afraid what more digging would find? Is this tied to his retirement?

There are a ton of questions that will ultimately bear on how we view JoePa, but right now, he's already significantly lowered in my estimation. I'm afraid what could come out would only drag him lower.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote