View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #541
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Mostly playing devil's advocate here as I'm thinking about this from different angles, but what if those rumors were about you? What if someone heard some vague rumor about you, and once the police were involved, your career, and your ability to take care of your family, are 100% over, regardless of your innocence. Would you want someone at your organization to take the slightest step to see if there is anything at all behind that career-killing final move, or just take it right away? I do think at least, that there's more people than who are willing to admit it right now, that would want the organization to take SOME initial step to talk to the people involved first. And if the answer back to the reporting party is, "we've taken care of it, don't worry about it"...it just might be less than a monster that does think that's the end of it, somehow. I have no doubt they told Paterno as little as possible.

The problem with this is that JoPa gave him his chance in 98 and let it go without saying a word about it. It happened AGAIN in 2002 when JoPa knew full well what a scumbag he was. JoPa likely didnt want to kill his recruiting and the Penn St reputation so he thought they could all get away with it. He played with fire and lost. I should say he played with fire and the kids lost.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-10-2011 at 08:43 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote