View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 PM   #913
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The point of that? He was trying to answer a complicated problem that is very nuanced and couldn't find a glib soundbite to satisfy you?

My response would have been, "I agree with how Obama handled it...it wasn't our fight and I believe the distance was welcomed and warranted. The bottom line is that all American's should support any nation of people who choose to uproot non-democratic, oppressive, antiquated dictatorships. I admit I was very skeptical at first, because the indirect approach of no-fly zones after an uprising was what got us into the long mess in Iraq...I am very thankful that our armed services, intelligence agencies, and NATO allies were able to work together to support the people of Libya in a relatively quick manner and I hope we continue to support the people throughout the middle east--particularly in Syria right now--as they begin their fight to remove their oppresors from power and take responsibility for their respective nations."

I mean, maybe not exactly like that, but close enough. I'm going to guess that foreign policy isn't his strength...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote