View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #945
Drake
assmaster

I'm not normally a huge fan of alchemy. I can never remember to actually use the poisons I make, and tend to remember a slow-healing spell over the instant restore health potion. (Plus, you know, that slow healing spell ramps up my restoration, whereas drinking the potion gains me nothing.)

Like you, though, if I'm not careful I run around snagging just one more Fly Amanatia and before I know it, end up with 50 lbs of ingredients sitting in my inventory and wondering where all the space went.

In Oblivion, alchemy tended to be the last thing I leveled, but I ran across a post/method for exploiting the engine (maybe even linked from here) using the synergy between smithing/enchantment/alchemy to end up with weapons that do something like 6k damage per hit. A normal person, I suppose, would just console command themselves up in a new character to test out the exploit. That feels like cheating to me.

(You'll note my slippery slope: exploiting illusion/sneak/enchantment/smithing/alchemy isn't cheating. Using the console is. I see the inconsistency. I don't mind even the most blatant exploits if I've still got to give tedious hours to it in order to achieve the desired outcome. It feels less like exploiting and more like just practicing until I get really good at something. I can rationalize it, in other words.)
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote