View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #656
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I haven't read the source material but I think I'm reasonably familiar with it from spoilers/summaries/etc.

I don't think "held too closely" is an option here, I mean the diversion from the source is pretty dramatic.

-- We've got a main character that doesn't exist in the comic
-- We've got multiple main characters that are already long since dead in the comic
-- We've got/had characters that either don't exist in the original or may be composites of characters from the source material
-- Skill sets / personality traits differ from the source material by varying degrees, but at least a couple of those have been fairly significant IMO (Andrea's relationship with guns being a great example)

edit to add: Make that at least one main character that's already long since dead
Hrm. Maybe what I meant to say was that Kirkman is too much in control and trying to keep it close to his source material with tinkering to make it better. He has said that he killed Shane off too quickly in the comic book.

Andrea is good with guns. I think you saw that in the housing development. I'm not sure where that is is a skill set that differs?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote