View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #39
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 4

Colorado St.- 95, North Carolina- 89
Ohio- 75, UNC Asheville- 70

So UNC loses their second straight and the favorites are in some trouble, while the Rams get their first win of the tournament.

Week 5

North Carolina- 67, UNC Asheville- 56
Colorado St.- 76, Ohio- 67

UNC is back on the winning side, and has swept their in-state counterparts, clinching a tiebreaker with Asheville (if it comes to that.) Ohio misses a chance to take control of the group, and the Rams have made it wide open. Here are the standings after week 5.

Ohio (3-2, -8)
North Carolina (3-2, +38)
UNC Asheville (2-3, -36)
Colorado St. (2-3, +6)

Week 6 games: Ohio @ North Carolina, UNC Asheville @ Colorado St.

There is a lot to play for in week 6. The Ohio-UNC winner will win the group with a 4-2 record. The UNC Asheville-Colorado St. loser will be eliminated with a 2-4 record. The UNC-Ohio loser and the Asheville-Colorado St. winner will both be 3-3 and we will have a tiebreaker situation for the runner up spot in Group 7.

Week 6

North Carolina- 92, Ohio- 79
UNC Asheville- 69, Colorado St.- 66

UNC gets revenge on Ohio, and Asheville gets a much needed win, stopping the Rams' 2 game losing streak. Here are the final standings.

North Carolina (4-2, +51)
UNC Asheville (3-3, -33)
Ohio (3-3, -21)
Colorado St. (2-4, +3)

North Carolina wins the group, but that 4-2 record as a group winner could see them with not even a top 25 seed. UNC Asheville wins the runner up spot over Ohio with a tiebreakers situation. The teams split their meetings, but Asheville won the first game by 9, and Ohio only won the second game by 5. So Asheville gets the second spot out of group 7, but don't be surprised if their 3-3 record and their lousy point differential has them as the last seeded team in bracket play.

As for my predictions, although it was touch and go, I did pick the 2 Carolina schools to advance, and they both did. So that makes me 11 of 14 on my predictions now. So far, so good.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote