Thread: Board Games
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #282
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
My friend picked up Pandemic this week and 4 of us played a couple games tonight. Super fun! Super hard!

We lost both games, the first one was a total shit-storm as 3 epidemics somehow came up in the the first 15 or so turns, plus our inexperience just had us doomed.

Game 2 we got things together and managed to cure 3 of the diseases, and we weren't more than another round or two away from the fourth when we ran out of cards.

I can't wait to play again sometime. I don't think it has the replay of something like Dominion, but it is a nice co-op game and a good change of pace, plus the challenge is nice and steep so it feels like we wouldn't have it mastered after a few plays.

My only criticism of Pandemic is that the replayability seems pretty weak. We absolutely LOVED the first few games we played, but after beating the game pretty soundly a few times in a row we haven't gone back to it much. Jim's comment earlier that it feels a little like clock solitaire rings pretty true with me - unless the deck is stacked seriously against us from the get-go, we're probably going to win (and we might even win anyway).
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote