View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Big Six
High School Varsity

5 July 2011

The last two days have been eventful ones for our club.

The first round draws for the Scottish League Cup and Scottish League Challenge Cup were held yesterday.

We will be playing Cowdenbeath in the League Cup on 30 July, at Balmoor.

Our draw in the Challenge Cup was especially tough. We will take on Ross County, the current holders of the Cup, at Victoria Park in Dingwall. That match is set for 23 July.

We also announced that Kevin Lavery accepted our contract terms and will be joining the club. "Fans of Peterhead are said to be delighted that manager Ewan Rutherford has shown good vision and ambition by deciding to bring talented youngster Kevin Lavery to the club."

Today I spoke with Ryan Collins of the Peterhead Football Express about Lavery. Collins is a friendly fellow, and I would like very much to get some good coverage for our club, so I'll accommodate him when I can. Lavery was pleased with my comments about his potential.

We also added another coach to our staff. Andy McInnes, 30, is a great hire for us. For $150 per week, we get a coach with a sharp eye for talent, the ability to work well with different positions, and a real talent for assisting young players. Andy compares favorably to the coaches on other Third Division staffs.

Tomorrow we face Brechin City, a Second Division club, at Balmoor.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote