View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
GoBlue2419
High School JV

As the high school hockey season continued to unfold, the question of the boys' futures did not allow them the luxury of being solely focused on the here and now. Luke was nowhere near a decision, continuing to weigh committing to an NCAA team now or waiting to see how everything played itself out with the NHL Draft. Dylan had received scholarship offers now from his two main NCAA favorites, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Minnesota had long been his home state rooting interest, but he really enjoyed meeting with the Wisconsin coaching staff, and had a great visit to the campus. He now sat on his couch, holding his cell phone, preparing to call his future coach and announce his next destination. His family sat around him, as did Luke, all waiting excitedly for the call to be made.

"Hi Coach, this is Dylan Patterson. I wanted to give you a call and let you know that I have decided where I will be playing hockey next year . . . . . Yes, I am thrilled to say that I will be playing for you at the University of Wisconsin!"
GoBlue2419 is offline   Reply With Quote