View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #41
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Update:

Mailed out my second big batch of packages today. Half priority boxes and half mediamail.

Included in this batch were:
The Survivor shirt (Priority smallbox)
Teal suitcoat (Pri Med)
Fisherman's sweater (sinally paid for)
d&d 4e (media mail)
d&d 3.5 eberron (mediamail)
and
the grateful dead lps

The d&d eberron books got a boost at the end to 15.50
The suitcoat went up to 8.37 and he paid right after the auction ended
Survivor shirt only got the one bid but I'll take it
Grateful Dead LPs had a minibidwar to 13.50
4e books went up to 16.00

I've found it so much easier to deal with the priority mailings. Just print the postage, enclose the box and drop it off. Media mail is a little of a pain.
I might go back to using more priority and just taking a dollar off the shipping cost just to entice more bids, but no one bids on books much IS the problem.

The LPs were kind of funny. There are no real record packages although maybe in a specialty box store there is.

So I took a long medium priority box and slid the albums into it without opening it (and they perfectly fit that way). snipped the ends off. Used the self adhesive to close one end. I had to leave the other end open so the post office could inspect it since it's media. Then I sawed too panels of another box and Put those panels another the other one. Taped all the edges together and insetrted more cardboard to stiffen it. Still had to leave one side open. Once I got to the post office I then went in and taped both edges shut. Nothing like homemade boxes for LPs.

Tip: Make your own boxes for LPs and use lotsa of cardboard to stiffen. Don't forget to write "Do Not Bend" and "Fragile". Then send them Media Mail as they are so heavy.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote