View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #55
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
So who wants Vincent Jackson? A top 5 receiver in the game. Looks like the genius that put together 6 non Super Bowl winning teams, is refusing to resign Jackson. So, here you go 49ers. You needed a big play wide receiver, snatch him up before some other team not called the Chargers, signs him.

Jackson is a good player, great at times, but not in the top 5. I'd probably take Megatron, Wes Welker, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White, Brandon Marshall, Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings and Andre Johnson all over VJ and maybe even a guy like Steve Smith (still) or an up-and-comer like Hakeem Nicks.

Still, even in the top 15, he's a helluva talent. I don't understand San Diego letting him walk. Malcolm Floyd hasn't shown anything more than being a reliable #2/#3 guy, Gates is clearly slowing down and Vincent Brown showed promise but nothing that suggests he's ready for the #1 WR role. I wonder if SD is gearing up to make Mike Wallace an offer since he'll be an RFA and it's likely the Steelers won't have the cap space to make him a long-term offer until after the draft. The Chargers would give up the 18th pick, but that may be fine to get a guy like Wallace.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote