View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #60
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Adventures with Craigslist.

yeahyeahyeah I've been badmouthing da list since I started this blog and way before. With good reason. Why? People suck. Local people suck worse.

But I made a new CL account with one of my other emails since my main one wasn't letting me list anymore without phone verification and the phone verification wasn't working and there literally is ZERO customer service.

But creating a new account worked.

My first account I listed 5 items and got pings on 3 of them.
One of them said they wanted to buy and when I replied told me this long story about how her friend just got an accident in her car and how she no longer could afford to buy the item because of it and how stupid her friend was and by the way had I heard about this new website that lets you make money by clicking on things on websites? Honest! the webpage has testimonials and pictures of people holding checks so it MUST be strue. She told me she made $600 dollar this week alone, but she said if I would be so kind not to share the link with anyone else.

So what tip could I possibly have for you this week?

Tip: craigslist now has an automatic link in replies which lets you report scams and spammers emails straight to to CL so the email will go onto the banlist. Ta da!

The second reply said they must have the item and could get it on Wednesday. No reply or callback to my email.

The third reply was for a bookcase.

A Woman in the country (Monroe, re: country bumpkin with cows and pigs).
She and her husband want a bookcase for her records

After talking with her she has decided to buy it and will come over later.
My bookcase is in storage but it is in the front of my unit. So after the conversation I went down (it's practically next door) to clean off the shelf.
I do so and walk back home.

Then she calls back and tells me that that shelf is not deep enough.
(even though the dimnsions are clearly listed)
The conversation before she was asking lots of picky questions about material made from and type of wood blahblahblah.
I have no idea. DO you want it or not? is what I was thinking.

So I get back and now she said the shelf won't do but is interested in one of my OTHER shelves in the back of my unit that is deeper. Sigh.
I don't know the dimensions so now I have to walk all the way down again and go measure the other one.
It is really buried behind stacks of boxes now and there is more stuff all over the place than normal.

She finally gets there and now she's getting more picky again.

She demands to go see it and then complains that the shelf is particle board and not wood and she doesn't want it after I lug a bunch of stuff to clear the path for her. But she takes the original one anyway because it is wood.

Ugh I wanted to slap her. Just needy needy needy. At elast she bought one of them though.

Bookshelf - $45
which is nice cause usually i can only get like $20 out of furniture IF I can actually get someone to come get it. I sometimes get an email saying "OMG I WANT THIS I MUST HAVE IT" and when I reply the next day they say "ZOMG WE HAD TO GET ONE NOW SO WE WENT OUT AND BOUGHT A REALLY EXPENSIVE ON! YOU TOOK TOO LONG!" I've never heard of an emergency bookshelf before.

(ps women are cunts)

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 03-07-2012 at 05:47 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote