View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #217
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
But was it properly sealed?

And do you want your client speaking on things that you may not be able to prove (it doesn't matter if the other side can't prove the contrary)?

I have no idea if it was sealed in a manner that preserves it more than a day, my opinion on the guilt/innocence of this would come down to that alone. Since I'm not sure of that, I'm just looking at the tampering accusations as evidence that Braun and his people knew it was sealed and that's the best innocence argument they have. So to me, that makes him look guilty, but I'm sure others have different takes on it and his people clearly aren't dumb. And I'd have a big ethical problem about publicly accusing someone of a serious crime without support, and even strongly implying such a thing. I mean at least in my jurisdictions and probably most, defense attorneys aren't randomly accusing police officers of planting evidence just because its theoretically possible that they could. I think that's a combination of ethics and the fact that the jury wouldn't like it. Here, it was maybe hidden enough that the public isn't going to turn on just because of that, but if you read the transcript, that's clearly what he's doing.

Last edited by molson : 02-27-2012 at 10:20 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote