View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #208
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
"Ya, we had bounties but you can't prove they actually caused anyone to get knocked out" - that isn't going to fly. And if the NFL doesn't go after violations of THAT policy, after all they're claiming to do to make the league safer, well, they can't be sued on that directly, but it'd be pretty compelling evidence for punitive damages in a sentencing phase of another case.

If Bounties can be punished with the assumption that they lead to injuries, I guess we better punish any athlete that admits he is out to injure other players.

Because hey, why can't that be in there for punitive damages too? Look, the NFL's employees (or contractors or whatnot) are saying they were trying to injure my clients! And the NFL did nothing!

What's the difference from an injury/liability standpoint? Nothing, in my mind, because every defender is trying to hurt the opposing player in some fashion. If there is a pattern of going out of context of the game, it is in front of all the cameras, and the NFL has the opportunity to stop a pattern of such. And in this case? Such a pattern didn't exist.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote