View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #52
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Sounds like a plan to me!

On my trip to Evansville, I did manage to snag a few minifigs. Got the genie, the outlaw (very cool), the wind-up robot, and 2 of the roman solider (makes for a great army piece). Roman soldier is fairly rare, but easy to tell if you find one. The spear sticks out pretty well.

I went to the Toys R Us in Greenwood and then on Washington Street and was 3 for 3 on the series 5 and 6 minifigs I was looking for on Friday night. After going through at least 50 packs at the Lego store in Castleton last week and not finding a clockwork robot, I found one in the second pack I picked up in Greewood! Couldn't find a head and found the wrap around neck piece and I figured my luck had to be too good. Got to the checkout and I was happy.

At Washington Street, they still have a ton of Series 5. I kindof had been wanting the detective and the first pack I grabbed, I could feel the magnifying glass's unique shape so I decided to keep it. It's cool that it actually does magnify. A few more in, I found a giant hat that I didn't think was the ice fisherman's so I crossed my fingers and hoped it was the Royal Guard. I checked out in the video game area and chatted a little with the girl working there and then opened them up and I was right on both accounts.

We won't talk about my luck the rest of the night that involved driving to IND after midnight and falling asleep on one of the couches in the open area until my wife arrived from Atlanta at around 2:30

So, I have my Royal Guard but I'm game for another trade or just a giveaway if we bump into each other next week at BrickWorld. "Busy" weekend ahead with going to the Big Ten Tourney on Thursday and then BrickWorld probably on Saturday.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote