View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #56
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I saw a Black Pearl go on ebay for $65-ish over the weekend and I almost pulled the trigger but I've been spending too much lately as is. I was thinking about it- growing up, Lego had space, ships, and castles all locked down. Now it has the same only it's Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lord of the Rings coming this summer- same ideas, but now it's all licensed.

As for the minifig, I think I'm good with Series 6. I suppose if you have spares, Minotaur or Sleepyhead or if you have a spare Lizardman or Small Clown from 5. But, like I said, it's not really necessary: just a gift since I already have extra.

SI

Don't have extras of those from 6, if I can find them, I'll bring them. If not, I know I have an extra of one of those from 5. Thanks for the ebay info on the Pearl. I really liked what I got to see of it. I've always wanted to get the Imperial Flagship and I think I may have to jump on it this year because the price is starting to creep up on it. The Pearl would be a nice pirate ship to go with the imperial one.

I agree, the Castle series is my all time favorite. I hate that they only have one scheduled (so far) this year...albeit it's a great one. I don't mind the Lord of the Rings stuff, it'll be cool. But I can't even see how someone could keep up with the Star Wars stuff they produce.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote