View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #260
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
STFU. It is not dumb. If there's players in Washington that were involved, then punishment them. The entire organization is different today other than Snyder. No one there is responsible for it. The organization shouldn't be punished.

Again. No one is suggesting that the current players or coaches who came in after the activity should be fined, or suspended, or punished in any way.

But the organization--which demonstrated a lack of institutional control and allowed it to happen--can and should be punished.

I'm not even sure how your system would work in practice. If < 33% of the janitorial staff is still employed, then you can punish the organization. If 2 assistant coaches and 4 players remain, then that is not enough to punish the team. But if 3 assistant coaches, 6 players and a ball boy are still there, then you can dock them a 6th round pick. I mean, how messy a system do you want?

Do the crime, do the time. And I bet that next time, Mr. Snyder (and future owners) does what it takes to keep things running within the rules under his watch.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote