View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

FM12 - From Lilywhite to Whitehart Lane

Quote:
07/05/11 - Crooks takes City hot seat

The Cambridge City board has announced the appointment of Anthony Crooks as the club's new head coach for a salary of $275 PW.

Crooks is said to be relishing the opportunity to coach at The City Ground and the Lilywhites supporters are sure to be hoping he can make a difference.

Founded in 1908, Cambridge City are a semi-professional English club currently playing in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division. The club play their home games at The City Ground and possess basic training facilities and very basic youth facilities. The club also has basic junior coaching and a limited youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as The Lilywhites.

As a club which enjoyed its best spell of success during the 2000s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2010, The Lilywhites are a club with a growing history. Cambridge City won the English 6th tier for the only time in 1963 and finished runner-up on two occasions, won the Red Insure Cup in 2010 and finished second once, finished runner-up in the Southern Championship Match in 2010, and won the Cambs Invitation Cup on seven occasions.

Using Uncle Ron's level 8 mod which makes the two levels below Blue Square North/South playable I will be returning to my favorite FM side of all time, Cambridge City, in an attempt to return the Lilywhites to League Football and eventually land my dream job at Tottenham.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote