View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
7/9/11 - Cambridge City 2 - 0 Cambridge City Under 18s (Friendly)

Winger Lewis Trimmer got Cambridge C off to a flying start by scoring a close range effort in the 3rd minute. Midfielder Craig Bussens finally rounded off their victory in the 28th minute with a close range header.

Man of the Match: Lewis Trimmer (Cambridge C)

Doesn't say much, except what I feared, we are not going to be a scoring machine early.

Quote:
7/10/11 - East Thurrock United 1 - 1 Cambridge City (Friendly)

Cambridge City could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against East Thurrock United in their Friendly game at Rookery Hill.

East Thurrock United finally took the lead when striker Petrit Elbi scored an incisive finish in the 67th minute. Cambridge City's equalizer came through Neil Midgley as he seized on Ryan Sammons' mistake to score a powerful penalty.

Man of the Match: Reiss Gilbey (East Thurrock)
Attendance: 23

Quote:
07/12/11 - Wealdstone 2 - 1 Cambridge City (Friendly)

Wealdstone's fans left Grosvenor Vale wondering quite how their team had only managed to win 2 - 1.

Experienced forward Neil Midgley got Cambridge City off to a flying start by scoring a placed shot in the 10th minute. Cambridge City's David Theobald received the red card for a professional foul with 27 minutes on the clock.

Striker Callum Martin then equalized for Wealdstone in the 32nd minute with a close range finish which was timed impeccably. Wealdstone captain Chris O'Leary saw a penalty beat the keeper but hit the post on the 55 minute mark.

Wealdstone's Alan Massey however made the Wealdstone fans forget the miss by scoring a well timed finish from close range shortly after. Cambridge City also saw their 86th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Man of the Match:

Man of the Match: Lee Chappell (Wealdstone)
Attendance: 114

a couple of dissappointing results and I am not getting any closer to filling any needs as the board is giving me pennies to play with for signings. I need at least a solid DMC and a winger who can hit my target man or we will be playing a very defensive style. I have lots of players I like, but if they aren't walking away during negotiations, I am being outbid. Still hoping for a miracle with the work permit for Tiexiera.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote