Thread: Online dating
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #222
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Really? I've seen a lot more "hey she looks attractive to me" women on match just browsing my "Daily 5" then I have on the other two. Now given, some large % of those wouldn't find me attractive, and some % of them are likely fakers...even factoring that in I think match.com is a much better fishing ground at least locally.

Just feel like I'm getting older...the window is getting smaller. I'm not a model, nor am I a millionaire...so my odds of landing a significantly younger woman as I get older are slim (plus honestly I don't think those types of relationships tend to age well). So I'm starting to get to the point where I feel like the biological clock of girls within like...my "dateable zone" is ticking faster.

Yes, there were definitely more attractive women on match.com, but, after weeding out the fakes and scammers, the ratio (to me at least in this area) is about the same as okcupid. And it could just be this part of California I'm in too. It's hard to put my finger on it, but, there's definitely something 'wrong' with the women here. It's partially piss poor attitudes and the lack of having their feet firmly planted on the ground of reality, is what I think it is. I do not see this problem with women in Southern California though.

Oh I hear you on that. I think about that too. My personal goal was to be a dad, no later than 35. I'm now 40. I don't want to be like Tony Randall and have a kid when I'm 79. I want to be able to throw a baseball or football or teach the kid how to ride a bike, while I don't have a walker or a hoverround to keep me from falling over and breaking my hip. I want the spawn of Jedikooter to know his or her grandparents before they die. I'm 14, 18 & 21 years older than my sisters and at the rate I'm going, their kids (and they don't have any yet), will have kids before me. So yes, I do hear the tick of that clock as well.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote