View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #126
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 1, 2012

Training feedback from Gavin Fell. Glen Taylor & Simon Osborn (tactics) as well as Sam Sawyer (Strength) have impressed, Phil Cave & Brendan Gallen have caused concerns. Among the youth Jordan Kay (strength) has been a standout.

BSBN Player of the Month goes to Harrogate Town's striker Paul Brayson

BSBN Manager of the Month is Gainsborough's Andy Cale, David Livermore of Histon is second, and lookie, I'm third. I guess going 5-1-1, winning 4 in a row and finishing the month as the hottest team is the league isn't all that impressive.

Jamie Mole still leads the league in goals (19) and Avg Rtg (7.55), he's also the most accurate shooter at 62% on target (next is 56%).

Danny Groves is our good luck charm apparently, leading the league in games won (16).

The board is very pleased with my overall leadership. Our fantastic league performance is the highlight, the fans are still disappointed about the loss to Gateshead and are slightly concerned that we've been less than exciting to watch. The board is content with my control over payroll, in spite of me now being some $500 over my weekly budget.

A couple of matches played this afternoon, including one that juggles the standings a bit. Hinckley beat Worcester 2-0 at home, that moves them into 2nd place, virtually tied with us with 54 pts each but our +19 GD is better than their +15, plus they've now played one more match than us. Nuneaton is 3rd with 52 pts, Histon 4th with 51, Droylsden is 5th with 48 but they've got a game in hand. Don't count out Bishop's Stortford either, they've got 46 pts, Vauxhall & Stalybridge have 44 each and still have a fair shot if they get hot. On the other end of the spectrum, Boston Utd is dead last with 19 points & hasn't won in 16 matches. Long way to go before we start scoreboard watching though, still 14 matches left to play.