View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #184
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

June 24, 2012 (part 2)
Oof.

The following players have had their salary increased due to the club winning promotion to BSBP
Vipond,Knight, Jones, Mole, Armstrong, Phillips, Slaughter
(Remember, those should all be contracts I inherited)

----
The 2012/13 BSB Premier match schedule has been announced. We will kick off the season at home against debt-ridden Darlington on Sat Aug 11. Our first away match will be against (bitter rival) Gatehead on Tue Aug 14. The traditional Boxing Day match will be at Darlington, our last scheduled match is home against Stockport County on Sat Apr 27.

---
We have been given $8k for TV rights over the coming season

---
The following youth players have been promoted to our Reserves as they are now too old to play for the U18s next season: Adam Forster, Andy Williamson, Lewis Whiteley, Matt Rickard, Jack Harrison, Matty Hunter and Tom Seery.

---
Well hello, what have we here?

Ken Hodcroft & Blyth President Tony Platten are pleased to announce a new link between Hartlepool United & Blyth Spartans. Under the agreement the following will apply with immediate effect:

Hartlepool will be able to send players on loan to Blyth Spartans. During the loan spell the player's salary will be paid in full by Hartlepool United. Blyth have no obligation to play the player and he may be recalled by Hartlepool at any time.

Blyth will host an annual friendly between the two clubs & keep all gate receipts. Hartlepool will pay Blyth an annual fee of $14.63k

---

Decision time: expectations & payroll conversation with the board.
The baseline is Avoid Relegation with $0 transfer budget & $9.75k weekly payroll budget

My options are pretty limited, with the net level being a mid-standing finish with $0 transfer/$10.25k weekly payroll.

I don't have to think long on this one, I don't believe an extra $500/wk is not going to make the difference in staying clear of relegation vs a mid-table finish. I'll leave things be for now and just try to keep our heads above water this year. There's too many unknowns for me right now, including what sort of help we may get from our new feeder arrangement.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-08-2012 at 03:29 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote