View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #195
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

July 11, 2012
25 y/o DR Will Salmon comes in on trial, good tackler, fits the mold of what we like at WB/FB. Spent the last three seasons with AFC Telford.

We've got quite a few nice, or at least quite useful, players in on trial at the moment. Problem with all of them is pretty much the same: they want too much money. Most just want p.a. deals of about $400-$500 per. The few who might sign an actual contract want star money, and none of them look like full fledged stars per se.

Also, we've scouted a ridiculous number of players so far this preseason. Offered a number of other trials that have been rejected in favor of other clubs.
---
Physios tell me that MF Louis Wallace has suffered a concussion following a collision with Frank Sinclair during training. He'll be out about two weeks.

----
July 12, 2012
30 y/o MF Neil Barrett comes in on trial. Looks like a potential backup/rotation player (money not withstanding) after spending the past six season in BSBP, four of those during two stints with Ebbsfleet.

26 y/o MF Michael Pook comes in on trial. Would be a great offensive solution for us at MR but is almost certainly going to be too expensive to sign. Spent last season with Forest Green

----
July 13, 2012
21 y/o GK Kieran Gonzalez has signed a one year deal. Not quite as good as Max Johnson, but with Johnson's contract expiring and no sign of him coming off his excessive salary demands (for a backup), this gives us an alternative.
In a pinch - and that's the only way he's likely to see first-team action - he could play without being too freaked out, having started most of last season for Eastwood in BSBN.